As environmentalists and regulatory organisations put more emphasis on the sustainable performance of building materials, EPDM continues to be the roofing material that stands the test of time.
Characteristics that contribute to EPDM’s overall system performance include:
- Cyclical membrane fatigue resistance
- Proven hail resistance High resistance to ozone, weathering and abrasion
- Flexibility in low temperatures
- Thermal shock durability
- Ultraviolet radiation resistance
However, recent research shows that EPDM has other desirable performance characteristics that dovetail nicely with the nation’s need for more environmentally friendly and durable low-slope roofing systems. For example, over the last year or so, research studies have found that: buildings in certain climate zones can save more energy with a dark coloured EPDM roof than a white thermoplastic membrane.
- EPDM is easy to repair and can be installed over existing roof coverings reducing the need for land fill.
- Sustainability Report by the ERA EPDM Roofing Association
- Read the full sustainability report from the EPDM Roofing Association
- A Proven Brand You Can Rely On. Over 100 Years of Rubber Technology Behind This Product.
Firestone EPDM Roofing Systems dominate the single-ply roofing market through their proven performance, durability and flexibility over a wide range of building types.