Choosing the right tile
Here’s a few tips to help you make sure you choose the right roof tiles for your property..
- Look at the surrounding buildings – your roof covering will need to be sympathetic to the local style
- Find out what material is in use on surrounding roofs: ie clay; concrete, or natural slate
- Consider if you want natural products that will add value or ‘saleability’ in the future
- Choose a suitable tile for the design of the roof: consider minimum pitch, curves, cones, etc. If the roof has intricate shapes such as dormers then a small-scale tile may be the most suitable. If the roof is a simple gable-to-gable design, then a tile with a large profile, such as a clay pantile or roman tile would be more economical
- Most importantly, ask your local planning authority for advice before you decide. Authorities have rules and policies and are best consulted at the design stage
- Once you have made a decision, check again with local planners – submit samples
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!